Product Price :Get Latest Price
|Grade Standard||Industrial Grade|
|State of Matter||Liquid|
|Form of Chemicals||Liquid|
Etching Chemical For Aluminium
Scalgun-a is an aqueous acidic mixture, soluble in varying proportions with water. It is a very effective degreaser, etcher and desmutter for aluminium surfaces. It does all these three functions in one operation. Its etchants for aluminium.
Scalgun-a is used at low temperatures and low concentrations and does not give rise to scale or sludge nor does it generate fumes in working environment.
A uniform matt finish is produced over a wide concentration range with a low level of metal removal. Application :
Scalgun-a is most suitable for pre-treatments before chromatising as it performs three functions simultaneously mainly that of degreasing, etching and desmutting. Chromate coatings thus produced after pretreatment with scalgun-a are uniform and adherent.
Scalgun-a is most suitable by dipping process. It is to be used in plastic tank or container.
The following parameters should be followed. Exact parameters should be set after trials.
Control & maintenance :
|3% - 8% (v/v)||2 - 10 minutes||r. T. - 40? C|
- Fresh addition of scalgun-a should be made daily to maintain strength of solution by titration procedure
- Fresh bath should be prepared only when there is excess build-up of soils from heavily oiled surfaces, or when normal additions does not restore original rate
- Oil floating on top should be skimmed off daily
- Solution should be desludged / filtered once every 3-4 weeks
- Stir/agitate the solution everyday before starting to process
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes & clothing
- Protective clothing such as pvc/rubber gloves, eye goggles and aprons should be worn while handling or working with scalgun-a
- For splashes/splatters on eyes or skin wash with fresh water continuously for 1 minute then apply calcium gluconate gel and massage into affected area. consult physician if necessary