Product Price :Get Latest PriceProduct Details:
|Grade Standard||Reagent Grade, 5|
|Physical State||Powder, Liquid|
|Packaging Size||5 litre, 30 litre|
Key Words For Ashok Industry.
Product Categories :
Approx. Rs 1 / kgGet Latest PriceProduct Details:
|Grade Standard||Technical Grade|
(Corrosion Inhibitor for Acid Pickling and Descaling of Boilers with Acids)
COROBIT-1001 is a mixture of various chemicals and acts as an efficient inhibitor for acid pickling. It has remarkable properties to stop corrosion by sulphuric and hydrochloric acid pickling of metals. Mill scales or oxide scales that would be detremental in fabricating of steel components, are removed by the action of mineral acid which not only removes the scale but also attacks the true metal itself. The hydrogen evolution builds up enough pressure which not only blows off the scales but also damages the metal. Addition of very small amount of COROBIT-1001 to acid pickling bath reduces hydrogen evolution and hence reduces the attack on metal.
1) When COROBIT-1001 is added to the pickling bath, acid requirements are minimised since acid baths give a longer life and need renewal less frequently. Labour costs are thus reduced in charging and cleaning baths. Quantity of spent liquor to dispose off is considerably reduced.
2) Addition of COROBIT-1001 improves the quality of the pickled products. Smooth, bright and clean surfaces are produced. Many alloys steel can be pickled together with low carbon steels. Blistering of sheets and embrittlement of the metals due to hydrogen evolution are minimised.
3) Use of COROBIT-1001 cuts down pickling costs since less acids are required. Metals losses and heat generation are also appreciably reduced. So it becomes cheaper to pickle with COROBIT-1001 then with an uninhibited acidic bath.
4) Wires or rods pickled with the use of COROBIT-1001 are more clean and breakages are minimised. It makes possible pickling of sheets over a wide range of concentration and temperature . Further it improves the surface and prevents “BURNING OFF THE METALS” due to higher concentration and prolonged pickling.
5) Since addition of COROBIT-1001 minimizes attack on the metal, iron content of the pickled bath increases gradually prolonging the life of the bath.
APPLICATION OF CORBIT-1001:
0.1% to 0.5% of COROBIT-1001 is to be added in an acid pickling bath depending upon the concentration of the acid used. It can also be used in acid cleaning of Boilers and Boiler tubes, to suppress the attack on metal and hence to avoid heavy metal losses.
ACID PICKLING without Inhibitor
Acid Pickling with COROBIT-1001
20% HCL at
Acid at 75°C
20% HCL and
at room temperature
10% Sulphuric Acid with 0.10% COROBIT-1001 at 75°C
10 kgs & 30 kg
Explore More Products